By now, most of you know that we're in the process of moving due to a new build happening where we currently live. It's been a long time coming and we've been through many highs and lows and I'm sure more are to come. But this last week has lead to extreme pressure as we need to be out of our house to move into the rental so the house can be moved off site.
But as with the movie "The Perfect Storm" sometimes timing could be better. This previous week has been shall we say hell on earth for me. Just about everything that could happen has happened this past week. It's been a real challenge.
Let me tell you about it.
A bit of background, we move on Wed. This Wednesday. That means we need to be packing up a house. Working out what we need in the rental and anything else goes into storage. Not a problem. You know I've been working on things for a while now and it's been good. BUT, add in the following and it becomes a little more than one person can cope with comfortably.....
1. A sugar free diet. Mmmmmm, yep back on that for the last 2 weeks. Not the easiest for an addict, but something that needed to be done for my health.
2. Andy traveling. Yeah. He left last Sat, only back this morning. So I had to run the house, pack the house and all the normal stuff in between. Oh . my . goodness!
3. I designed and packed a scrapbook class (instructions still to be written).
4. Packing up my 'now' scrapbooking. It took 3 days. Flippin heck! Oh yeah, and I did this before designing the class. Hmmmmm, didn't think through that did you Trina! LOL!
5. Having my garage sale - thank you all so much for coming along! - And don't get me wrong. I loved doing it and maybe will do another again one day, but this week was bad timing Trina. Sheez girl!
6. Fighting off a cold. My voice is going. My chest has been getting tight. ARGH! I think all the vit C I've been taking this week has had a huge effect on it not progressing too much! Thank goodness! Although if it does eventuate it will be the first one this year which is a miracle in itself! Yes!
7. We said goodbye to Bertie our chook who died yesterday. She was meant to be female but turned out to be male. And there are lots of funny stories to go with that. We'll miss him. A very sad time.
8. Dealing with kids who know they are feeling weird and sad and nervous, and acting up because of it. But they don't know why. It's easier for us we can put those feelings into words for a start, and then work out why we might be feeling that way. Littlies don't have that luxury so are having to feel their way through all the mess.
Hmmmmmm. Is that all? I don't know. But as you can see a bit of a mission for me this week.
Thankfully I did have help in the way of my sister taking the kids for a sleepover this weekend. Yay! Thanks sis! And of course Claire helped me set up the garage sale. I literally could not have done it without her. Thanks Claire!
Bring on this Friday when we're all moved and hopefully settled a bit more. I think we all need to feel a little more settled.